Operating as a Division of the Ministry of National Security (MNS), REDTRAC is a Post-Secondary, special-focus training institution and a regional training hub established to fulfill the following objectives:
- To Strengthen regional law enforcement capabilities
- To Reduce dependence on third countries for training
- To Increase cost effectiveness in satisfying the training needs
- To Improve the relationship between Caribbean drug law enforcement agencies
- To Enhance networking, co-operation and the promotion of a common drug law enforcement programme
These, the founding objectives, still hold true today with one very noteworthy development. The anti-narcotics focus of the early years has broadened to encompass Transnational Organized Crime (TOC) and its many facets of sophisticated criminal threats. This is manifested in the development of the REDTRAC curricula over the years to keep pace with evolving crime trends.